11.27.2007

Job Drags

There are lots of great things about working in a private pre-school. My cousin Laura has been to 72 meetings this year at her public middle school. We've had 5, give or take...although parent conferences were a bitch. We don't have paperwork or SOLs and accountability. Better than all, no standarized tests or requirements for each child. We follow that child, damn it!

But, today I finally submitted my most agida-inducing assignment of the year: the BIO. I think I have had to do this 3 or 4 times since I started at my school. And every year I get a call from my boss that she has drafts of the newsletter and either my old bio or no bio. I am serious--every year.

So today the call came, carefully slipped into a conversation about other things. "Uh, oh yeah...I'll email it tonight....." And I just emailed it. I hope it makes it because a lot has happened to me in one year---namely: I am no longer training to be a teacher; I am a trained teacher.

My first draft was boring but did the job. I wrote more in the revision. No cussing or embarrassing jokes...I think.

1 Comments:

Blogger starrhillgirl said...

Haha. I never redo my bio. I just change how many (million) years I've been at school.

8:16 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home